* Editing etc/NEWS for Emacs 30.1
@ 2024-06-29 12:32 Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2024-06-29 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

As per usual, we're busy editing etc/NEWS quite heavily in preparation
of the release.  Expect several passes and sweeping changes.

It goes without saying that any help with this job is more than welcome.
If there is any change you disagree with, feel free to just jump in and
make the edit(s); there should be no need to discuss it or send it here.
If you don't have commit access, send a patch to the bug tracker.

FWIW, even a cursory glance at etc/NEWS really shows the great work that
_everyone_ here has been doing this release.  Let's wait with patting
ourselves on the back until the new release is out though.  :-)

* Re: Editing etc/NEWS for Emacs 30.1
@ 2024-06-29 14:52 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2024-06-29 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Stefan,

> As per usual, we're busy editing etc/NEWS quite heavily in preparation
> of the release.  Expect several passes and sweeping changes.

As usual during pretest, I plan a whole proof-reading of etc/NEWS. Its
rather fix of typos, you know ...

Pls indicate, when the majority of your work on etc/NEWS is finished.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Editing etc/NEWS for Emacs 30.1
@ 2024-06-29 15:16   ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2024-06-29 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: emacs-devel, Eli Zaretskii

> As usual during pretest, I plan a whole proof-reading of etc/NEWS. Its
> rather fix of typos, you know ...

Thanks, that sounds great.

> Pls indicate, when the majority of your work on etc/NEWS is finished.

I have passed the ball to Eli for the moment.  He will be able to tell
you when the lions share of his planned changes are all done.