From: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
To: Manuel Uberti <manuel.uberti@inventati.org>,
	emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: project-find-file: switch to include non-tracked files
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 09:04:50 -0500	[thread overview]

Manuel Uberti <manuel.uberti@inventati.org> writes:

> there is a nice feature in helm-ls-git[1] which lets you browse files
> non-tracked by the current VCS (bound to C-c i in helm-ls-git-map). Hitting C-c
> i again brings you back to the tracked-files-only browsing.

Good idea.  I would definitely use something like that.

> Is something achievable with project-find-file?
>
> I don't think this is a bug report, but if you prefer for this to be reported as
> a bug I will do it.

You can report bugs for feature requests, from Info node '(emacs) Bugs':

    If you think you have found a bug in Emacs, please report it.  We cannot
    promise to fix it, or always to agree that it is a bug, but we certainly
    want to hear about it.  The same applies for new features you would like
    to see added.

If you put "Severity: wishlist" as the first line of your email, it
will be automatically categorized as a feature request, but it is not a
requirement to do that.  It can be categorized manually later.