Juri Linkov writes: > It would be nice to keep the current face 'help-key-binding' > even after adding links. Yes, as it happens that is exactly what I'm currently experimenting with. See the attached patch if you want to try it out; I think the effect is quite nice. But I'm seeing bootstrap problems if I flip the new option here to t, so we couldn't use it as the default in its current form. [The problem is that the button type `help-function' is defined in help-mode.el, but that file is not autoloaded (and help.el is). There are several ways to fix it, but I haven't yet had time to think about which is better. (For example, we could force the option to nil during bootstrap. Or we could just move the button definitions into its own file or into help.el to make sure they are there during bootstrap.) ]