On 24 April 2017 at 01:31, Philipp Stephani wrote: > Aurélien Aptel schrieb am Fr., 10. Feb. > 2017 um 19:21 Uhr: > >> >> This was not always the case: the behaviour was changed by Philipp at >> some point. We still have the make_global_ref and free_global_ref >> functions in the API, which serve no purpose as a result (correct me >> if I'm wrong). >> > > Using make_global_ref is definitely intended to make objects usable across > environments (i.e. you should be able to use them in any thread whenever > any environment is active). If that's not the case, please report a bug. > The alternative of using intern everywhere is also not too bad because > it's much simpler and more obvious (no global state that you have to track > carefully). I'd recommend only switching to global references if there is a > significant performance penalty. > Thanks. I'll stick with env->intern then. :-) I'll also keep your point in mind, and if I see the issue again I'll send a bug report.