On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 at 03:24, Óscar Fuentes wrote: > Andy Moreton writes: > > >> No, after a fresh checkout you can just say "make" and it figures > >> everything out by itself (on Linux, at least). > > > > ...but not if you want an out of tree build (which should be the default > > so nothing modifes the source tree). > > In Emacs, out of tree builds are peculiar because they put build > products in the source tree (.elc files). > Whenever I rebuild, I do: rm -fr * git reset --hard ./autogen.sh I've resorted to doing that every time I rebuild a new version, as all other options have at one point or another caused issues. Regards, Elias