* Help needed: APL reference documentation in ELPA
@ 2014-05-25 12:07 Elias Mårtenson
From: Elias Mårtenson @ 2014-05-25 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Once my employer has signed the copyright papers my intention is to submit
the Emacs mode for GNU APL to ELPA.

I have one concern, and that is the fact that it currently includes
reference documentation that was taken from the IBM APL2 documentation. I
have a license to use this from IBM, but the license is only for this
specific project, which obviously is incompatible with the Emacs license.

Therefore, I wonder if there is any free documentation that I can include
instead, or if no such documentation exists, if someone is perhaps willing
to write it? The work needed is to write a short summary on all the APL
symbols. My own APL skills are not strong enough to do this, and I'm also
not a particularly good documentation writer.

To see the format of the text, here is the file containing the APL2
snippets:

https://github.com/lokedhs/gnu-apl-mode/blob/master/gnu-apl-refdocs-apl2.el

And here is the start of the non-IBM-licensed documentation:

https://github.com/lokedhs/gnu-apl-mode/blob/master/gnu-apl-refdocs-bsd-license.el

The latter is based on Wikipedia and is woefully incomplete (and sometimes
wrong, I'd like to see all of it replaced).

Thanks and regards,
Elias