On 5 February 2016 at 15:15, Werner LEMBERG wrote: > > > However, this is not true for Swedish. I'll say it again (and I > > apologise for repeating myself, this kind of repetition makes me > > sound like the troll that you accused me of being) but in Swedish > > the difference between Å and A are just as great as the difference > > in English between the letters E and O. [...] > > Funnily, in your neighbouring country Denmark `A' and `Å' are much > nearer, cf. `Århus' vs. `Aarhus'. > Yes, that is funny. And I wish my Danish was better so that I could explain that. But yes, you observation is correct. If I remember correctly, I wasn't even aware that Aarhus and Århus was the same place until it was pointed out.