Here's a proposal for drawing and scribbling notes in GNU Emacs. *Features:* - Draw simple shapes and text - Scribble freehand - Visual selection using mouse - Zoom - Undo/delete selection - Erase *Code: https://gitlab.com/atamariya/emacs/-/blob/dev/lisp/svg.el * *Screenshots:* https://lifeofpenguin.blogspot.com/2021/08/scribble-notes-in-gnu-emacs.html *Video:* https://youtu.be/oj2OR5ytHx I have few questions: - Can this be included in Emacs core? - I've copied two functions from Lars ( https://github.com/larsmagne/ewp/blob/master/ewp.el ). How should attribution work in this case? Additionally, following are mandatory patches for svg.el: - polyline point uses CSV pairs separated by space. - id should ideally be unique. This will allow changing element type when different element with same id is added. - If value is nil, don't include the attribute in the print output.