On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 6:18 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Elijah G > > Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 11:22:04 -0600 > > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > Thank you, I've fixed my patch. > > Thanks, I have a few more comments below. > > > Also I merged every flymake *-bitmap variable > > into a single user option. > > I think this is a mistake: it makes this change backward-incompatible, > in the sense that users who had customizations of the options you are > removing will now have to rework their customizations. We try to > avoid backward-incompatible changes like this as much as possible. It > doesn't sound to me like this part of the patch is strictly needed, is > it? > You are right, i was planning something like marking those variables as deprecated for 30, but since it makes backward incompatible think it can be too early to do it in this patch, However I find merging them easier to customize instead of defining them separately. If these variables are necessary, I've now reverted the changes in the patch. > + :type '(choice (const :tag "Use Fringes" fringes) > > + (const :tag "Use Margins "margins) > ^^ > A typo there. > Thanks, I've fixed it. > +(defcustom flymake-margin-indicators-string '((error "‼" > compilation-error) > > This is a non-ASCII character, so we should either use its ASCII > equivalent "!!" or test the display for being able to show it on the > screen (since it is likely the margin indicator will be used on TTY > frames). > > Please also accompany your patch with the ChangeLog-style commit log > message (see the file CONTRIBUTE for the details). >