On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 6:38 AM Stefan Monnier wrote: > I just updated the noverlay branch to the code in `master` (most of it > was mechanical except for the fact that since the last commit on that > branch we have gotten rid of Lisp_Misc and we moved to pdumper). > > Thanks! I have been waiting for this for years. > I'm getting ready to install this in `master`, so I'd encourage people > to try this code as much as possible to try and weed out the most > glaring problems before it hits master. The code generally looks good, > but it touches some quite "core" code in the redisplay (with lots of > off-by-one opportunities) and in the memory management (with > opportunities for crashes and memory leaks). > I tried with my Emacs config and after some fiddling Emacs crashed during helm search via helm-org-ql (a lot of regexp searching). I was unable to trigger the crash using unoptimized build, so just giving a heads-up. Best, Ihor