Everyone who has contributed to the current instance has signed the paperwork, so as soon as we release a new version we can add ESS to ELPA. On Tue, Sep 13, 2022, 5:26 PM Stefan Monnier wrote: > > There has been a discussion about including ESS in GNU ELPA a while back > > [1] but apparently that effort has stalled due to the copyright > > paperwork. > > Maybe it should be added to NonGNU ELPA? > > Actually, it stalled later, in 2020 for no good reason. > AFAIK the code was pretty much ready. In my mail archive it seems in the > last communication with Alex we were discussin details about a cleanup > patch to make ESS buildable "in the usual way" (rather than via ESS's > own makefile, and without breaking if julia-mode is not installed, or > something like that). > > Maybe I just dropped the ball. Alex? Eric? > I also added Lionel in the Cc since `git log` suggests that he's doing > a fair bit of maintenance lately. > > > Stefan > >