Thanks Eli, I actually was not aware of this command either. This seems like the command I was originally looking for. I guess this quite well covers my usecase (for which I wrote the info-occur and adapted the info-apropos command). Also, it seems to me this is fitting alternative/better/similar solution to Augusto's suggestion... On Sat, 29 May 2021 at 14:17, dalanicolai wrote: > This is a useful suggestion indeed. FWIW, this is close to what my > info-occur command provides. > But instead of narrowing on the index, it provides narrowing on sentences > containing matches. > > On Sat, 29 May 2021 at 14:07, Augusto Stoffel wrote: > >> FWIW, I would find it useful if `Info-index` could be called from any >> buffer, say to search the Elisp manual if I'm on a emacs-lisp-mode >> buffer. In fact, it might be handy to associate a list of Info nodes, >> rather than a single node, to a buffer (this is how the "evdocs" >> package works, see my recent message in a different thread). >> >> `Info-index` won't find a needle in a haysack, but one advantage over >> `info-apropos` is the possibility to do incremental filtering out of the >> box, with any of the incremental completion frameworks. >> >