Hi all, If there is anybody on Fedora here, could you please try to evaluate the code from the original message starting from emacs -Q, and afterwards check what is the value of M-: (window-vscroll nil t) > Do you get 0 or 300? For some reason this does not work here. I have just built emacs from `HEAD` without using any `configure` flags. It does not work here, neither on emacs 28.3, 29.1 or on the latest 30.5. I have also tried on Ubuntu on another laptop, where the code works fine. Would be great if possible. Thanks! On Sun, 5 Nov 2023 at 19:14, dalanicolai wrote: > Haha, okay Eli. It was just to be sure, because otherwise I have > no idea why setting the vscroll using the above code, does not > work here. > > I have tried with the Fedora system Emacs 28.3, and with my own > build of Emacs 29.1 (with PGTK, but I guess that is the default now > on Emacs 29). Also, I have tried on wayland and x-org. But the code > does not set the vscroll when starting from emacs -Q, while, strangely > it works when I load my configuration. > > Anyway, I guess I have to investigate some more then. > > Thanks a lot for checking! > > > On Sun, 5 Nov 2023 at 18:01, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> > From: dalanicolai >> > Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2023 17:36:26 +0100 >> > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> > >> > I just realized I forgot to be clear about my question. >> > The problem is that after evaluating the code, here, >> > after starting from emacs -Q, the vscroll value is still >> > zero. >> > >> > So I was wondering what is the value when doing >> > >> > M-: (window-vscroll nil t) >> > >> > after evaluating the example code. >> > >> > So Eli, when you say it works, do you mean that >> > vscroll value is 300? >> >> Of course! How else could I have claimed that "it works"? >> >