Haha, okay Eli. It was just to be sure, because otherwise I have no idea why setting the vscroll using the above code, does not work here. I have tried with the Fedora system Emacs 28.3, and with my own build of Emacs 29.1 (with PGTK, but I guess that is the default now on Emacs 29). Also, I have tried on wayland and x-org. But the code does not set the vscroll when starting from emacs -Q, while, strangely it works when I load my configuration. Anyway, I guess I have to investigate some more then. Thanks a lot for checking! On Sun, 5 Nov 2023 at 18:01, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: dalanicolai > > Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2023 17:36:26 +0100 > > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > I just realized I forgot to be clear about my question. > > The problem is that after evaluating the code, here, > > after starting from emacs -Q, the vscroll value is still > > zero. > > > > So I was wondering what is the value when doing > > > > M-: (window-vscroll nil t) > > > > after evaluating the example code. > > > > So Eli, when you say it works, do you mean that > > vscroll value is 300? > > Of course! How else could I have claimed that "it works"? >