so I resorted to W s (Save diff as patch) On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 11:04, dalanicolai wrote: > Thanks, yeah I tried that, but it does not seem to work. I am selecting > the commit first, > but the command does not 'fill in' the range and does not create a patch > (to me it looks like > a bug, but probably I am doing something wrong) > > On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 at 10:53, Tassilo Horn wrote: > >> dalanicolai writes: >> >> >> Basically, the VCS will ask you to type in a message describing each >> >> commit you make. You simply have to format that message like you >> >> would an entry in a ChangeLog. >> > >> > I guess you mean that git will ask to enter a commit message? So I did >> > that, but how does it get into the patch? (I am using magit, maybe I >> > should check out vc, which is what I am doing now) >> >> You export the commit as git patch using "git format-patch >> ". With Magit, that's available using `W c c'. >> >> Bye, >> Tassilo >> >