That is unfortunate. I was assuming that at least thread primitives can be made thread-safe. On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 11:14 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: yyoncho > > Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 10:02:41 +0200 > > Cc: Zhu Zihao , ak@akirakyle.com, > > emacs-devel > > > > Allowing condition-notify call from non-elisp threads would solve the > problem as well. > > I don't see how that could be possible without redesigning the entire > Lisp threads machinery. > > In general, no part of the Lisp interpreter -- and that includes the > Lisp thread related functions -- can ever safely run from an async > non-Lisp thread. >