From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: Mark Oteiza <mvoteiza@udel.edu>
Cc: Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Package.el and specifying alternative dependencies
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 09:32:00 +1100	[thread overview]

Yes, that was my conclusion as well. It would seem the problem is really
just because (in this case) we have org and org-plus-contrib as two
packages in the org/elpa repos when really here should just be org and
org-contrib. This would then mean if you have a package which depends on
org, all is good and if you want the contrib stuff, you just install an
additional package with just the contrib additions.  Would also make things
easier with 'helpers' like use-package.

Tim

--
regards,