On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 10:30, Clément Pit-Claudel wrote: > On 25/05/2020 03.58, Bastien wrote: > > Hi Tim, > > > > I've toyed with this idea myself for a while. > > > > I don't know if it is a good idea for the GNU project in general, but > > as someone who sometimes need to check the copyright status of some > > contributors for Org/Emacs, the current setup is fine for me. > > > > Although, I don't think authentication would be optional as we should > > by default assume that the list of signed contributors should be kept > > private, shouldn't we? > > The API idea was discussed in depth two weeks ago, as part of the very > long thread on packages not getting included in ELPA; see > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-05/msg01909.html. > The conclusion was that email addresses are not private, since they appear > in commits anyway. rms said he would talk to the FSF sysadmins to see if > something was feasible. > > OK, thanks for the info. It i hard to keep on top of all the threads about > ELPA at the moment. -- regards, Tim -- Tim Cross