From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>
Cc: "Clément Pit-Claudel" <cpitclaudel@gmail.com>,
	"Emacs developers" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: 26.1-rc1: global-set-key suggestions
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 08:09:36 +1000	[thread overview]

Just to add another perspective....

I use Emacs on macOS at work and on GNU Linux at home. So for me, one of
the great things about Emacs was/is consistency in key bindings across
platforms. If we start making bindings different depending on the platform,
then you lose that level of consistency.

As this is Emacs, this is not a huge issue as it is easy enough to set them
to whatever I want, but thought I'd just mention that making bindings
platform dependent may have a downside for those who work in Emacs from
different platforms.

Tim

P.S. I've been using Emacs for so long, I tend to change the OS bindings to
match with Emacs rather than the other way round. Unfortunately, unlike GNU
Linux, macOS does not offer the same level of flexibility in this area

--
regards,

Tim

--