From: Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>, Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Why wasn't the 25.3 release based on the then-head of the emacs-25 branch?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 07:26:39 +1000	[thread overview]

Hi Eli et. al.

just wanted to thank you for the background and say that as someone who
works in the information security field, I support your decision and
reasoning 100%. With a severe security issue, it is much much better to
release quickly and have a release which ONLY addresses the security issue.
In addition to potentially introducing new issues once you release other
changes, bundling more than the security fix can delay adoption as people
will tend to be more conservative due to concerns new/changed functionality
may impact existing workflows. Limiting the release to just the change
necessary to fix the vulnerability reduces concerns and risk and helps to
drive more rapid adoption. Thanks to all for their effort.

Tim

--
regards,

Tim