For what it is worth, that explanation more or less mirrors my recollection of why that wasn't a zero to poll, or infinite, timeout. Working around broken something; I would have said more likely MacOS-X of the period, which I think still has a broken implementation of the `poll` syscall, but I don't fully recall. (That was still in the era I payed significant attention to TRAMP development) On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 1:38 PM Michael Albinus wrote: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > Hi Eli, > > >> At least the w32 version of accept-process-output was broken in the > >> past, see the comment in tramp-accept-process-output. But this was Emacs > >> 22 time, so hopefully it is fixed now. > > > > That comment doesn't tell much about the problem, so I couldn't verify > > that the problem it mentioned is no longer relevant. > > Archeology has uncovered > , > which relates to that comment. Sorry, I haven't anything else. > > The respective commit in the Tramp repository was CVS 2.516 from > 10-Dec-06, if that matters :-) > > In that message thread, the OP has mentioned another problem after I've > added the timeout and the comment; this seems to be unrelated. > > Best regards, Michael. > >