It looks like after the main process starts spawning threads, it is impossible to set breakpoints anymore. On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Itai Berli wrote: > > Tell me what you want to do and with what text, and then I might be > able to help you do > that in a more useful way. > > I just want to get more familiar with the bidi algorithm and the way it is > implemented by Emacs. I'd like to try various small phrases, such as the > ones that can be found in this article: https://www.w3.org/In > ternational/articles/inline-bidi-markup/uba-basics > > On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> > From: Itai Berli >> > Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 17:42:25 +0300 >> > Cc: Tino Calancha , Emacs developers < >> emacs-devel@gnu.org> >> > >> > I have GDB 8.0, so it should work well, right? It appears, though, that >> there are fewer buttons in the debug >> > toolbar when the debugger is started with gdb than when it is started >> with gud-gdb. >> >> Try "M-x gdb-many-windows RET", maybe you will like the result. >> >> > Eli, which function is the entry point for the bidi module? Where >> should I set a breakpoint for starters? >> >> The entry point is bidi_get_next_char_visually. (See the beginning of >> bidi.c for this and other information.) >> >> However, setting a simple breakpoint there will cause that breakpoint >> be hit all the time, and will therefore be useless. Tell me what you >> want to do and with what text, and then I might be able to help you do >> that in a more useful way. >> >> >