Hi, Could someone help out with the below? Alternatively, what is needed for me to merge this into Emacs myself (how do I get access, which branch to I work on, etc)? I have basic knowledge of Git branching and merging. Thanks! /Mathias On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 1:40 AM Mathias Dahl wrote: > Hi, > > After some time I decided to try to send a patch for this. > > As for what it is, check the source :) > > Or read this short documentation string for the new abbrev-suggest option: > > * Non-nil means we should suggest abbrevs to the user.* > *By enabling this option, if abbrev mode is enabled and if the* > *user has typed some text that exists as an abbrev, suggest to the* > *user to use the abbrev instead."* > > > You can also read this thread to get the background: > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-09/msg00449.html > > The recent discussions can be found here: > > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-05/msg01605.html > > If this patch looks good (a lot of changes has been done as per the > discussions with Eli, Stefan and others in the threads above, and I hope I > also managed to use the correct format for the patch), I'd be glad if > someone could commit this, and I will get started on the changes to the > Emacs documentation as well. I have signed papers before. > > Thanks! > > /Mathias > >