I'll push it to emacs-25 tonight. Thanks. On 3 August 2016 at 08:07, Marius Kjeldahl wrote: > Well, I'm one of the testers I guess. I spend more or less all day with > Emacs, and before applying the patch I had several crashes a day, and after > zero. However, it's a hard bug to pin down (some kind of timing/racing > condition I suspect). Accordingly there is no simple test case that can be > applied that I am aware of. Based on the short time between the last two > macOS beta releases (3 and 4) and the fact that the last version barely had > any "change notes", I suspect macOS release is getting close. I would feel > a lot more comfortable if all modern distributions of Emacs on macOS had > this patch in rather than not. When/if we manage to pin it down with a > reliable test case, a real fix of this or the underlying issue should be > easier, but until then I vote to get the patch in ASAP. Additionally the > patch only affects macOS users so the breakage potential should be small > (at least compared to daily crashes which is the alternative). > > On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 at 04:39 Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> > From: John Wiegley >> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii , Emacs-Devel devel < >> emacs-devel@gnu.org> >> > Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 13:25:10 -0700 >> > >> > >>>>> Alan Third writes: >> > >> > > Hi John, are you OK with the patch? >> > >> > Yes, I am OK with the patch. Eli? >> >> If all those affected by the problem agree it's TRT, I'm OK with it >> going to emacs-25. >> >> -- Alan Third