Paul Eggert schrieb am Fr., 20. Nov. 2015 um 00:58 Uhr: > On 11/19/2015 03:55 PM, Philipp Stephani wrote: > > Modules cannot (legally) call xmalloc. They need to obtain memory > > using malloc or any other standard function. In general, modules > > cannot call any functions except those declared in emacs-module.h. > > I'm suggesting that we declare a memory allocator in emacs-module.h. > Sorry if that wasn't clear. > We can do that, but I don't expect modules to use it. Modules will typically be used to wrap existing C or C++ libraries or make heavy use of such libraries, and those libraries won't use an Emacs-specific allocator. What could go wrong if modules use malloc for memory allocation?