Eli Zaretskii schrieb am Fr., 20. Nov. 2015 um 11:11 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 23:55:57 +0000 > > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > Modules cannot (legally) call xmalloc. They need to obtain memory using > malloc > > or any other standard function. > > How is calling malloc different from calling xmalloc? Neither is in > the interface defined in emacs-module.h, right? > malloc is a standard C function, xmalloc is an internal Emacs function. > > > In general, modules cannot call any functions except those declared > > in emacs-module.h. > > Can they call functions from external libraries? (I thought allowing > that was one of the main design goals.) If so, what's the difference? > yes, sorry, I was being sloppy. Modules cannot call any Emacs C functions except those declared in emacs-module.h. Of course they can call arbitrary other library functions.