Eli Zaretskii schrieb am So., 22. Nov. 2015 um 17:23 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 09:03:39 +0000 > > Cc: aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com, tzz@lifelogs.com, > emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > We have already discussed longjmp at length in this thread, and Daniel, > > Aurélien and I are all strongly against it. Using longjmp makes it > effectively > > impossible to write modules in any language but C, and even C code has > to be > > very careful (e.g. it can't use __attribute__((cleanup))). longjmp is > only > > possible within a monolithic system that is able to make closed-world > > assumptions such as the Emacs binary itself, it is impossible in generic > and > > portable library code. We have worked hard to remove the possibility of > longjmp > > leaking into module code, and I won't put that possibility back in. > > I don't understand: we already have in emacs-module.c machinery that > handles non-local exits. Why cannot xmalloc do the same when it's > called from emacs-module.c? > My impression was that Paul talked about code in modules, not code in emacs-module.c. The latter can use xmalloc just fine, if appropriate protection is installed first.