Paul Eggert schrieb am So., 31. Dez. 2017 um 01:40 Uhr: > Philipp Stephani wrote: > > > > Only in Emacs 28, because 26 will still have old-style backquotes only. > > Ah, OK, I was turned around then: this variable is for > forward-compatibility and > not backward. I suggest mentioning in the doc string that setting the > variable > makes Emacs compatible with planned-for-28 behavior, and that the variable > is > planned to go away in Emacs 28. (It's a temporary variable, so to > speak....) > Good point, I've amended the docstring and pushed the patch to master as ddb74b2027.