Eli Zaretskii schrieb am Mo., 18. Sep. 2017 um 16:58 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 13:26:34 +0000 > > > > I've discovered that the interface and documentation of Jansson are much > better than the ones of json-c, so I > > switched to Jansson. > > Thanks, but isn't Jansson less actively developed, judging by your > survey? > A bit, but it did have a nonzero number of commits in the last month, and over a longer term seems quite active. (Some of the other libraries had their last commit in 2014.) > > > I've attached a patch. > > I thought we wanted to import the library into Emacs proper, didn't > we? What is the purpose of providing such a core functionality as an > optional feature? > If we want to make it mandatory, we can always make the library mandatory and/or include its source code. However, the latter has significant downsides (we need to maintain the source code), so I don't think we should do it, at least not in the first iteration. For now, we can define the new functions in json.el if native support isn't available.