Paul Eggert schrieb am Do., 5. Okt. 2017 um 03:48 Uhr: > > One idea here is > that there is no need for eassert (E) unless there's a genuine doubt > that E will be true (in some cases the removed eassert (E) calls were > ineffective anyway, due to preceding eassume (E) calls). The patch cuts > down the number of integer overflow checks to six in json.c, if I'm > counting correctly, and that should be good enough. > > I don't understand why minimizing the number of checks and assertions should be a worthwhile goal. At the very least, the assertions document the assumptions that we make about the values, and as such they are valuable even if they never trigger.