Richard Stallman schrieb am Do., 11. Jan. 2018 um 20:51 Uhr: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > Both arguments have merit. Manuals aren't just for newbies. Maybe > > there's room to introduce the syntax with the = first, then elaborate > > explaining the actual syntax in full. Or maybe that level of detail is > > best left for the TexInfo manual. > > Please use = for long option arguments in the man page. > > I've pushed the patch that switches to = to emacs-26 (commit 779b2ac484). We can argue about what should be recommended, but at the very least the documentation should be consistent, and we either recommend or require = everywhere else in the Info manual and other man pages.