Eli Zaretskii schrieb am Mi., 23. Dez. 2015 um 18:10 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 16:52:08 +0000 > > Cc: eggert@cs.ucla.edu, emacs-devel@gnu.org > > > > I'd prefer calling this "deterministic-build", so that we could use > it > > to solve any other similar problems unrelated to dumping. Maybe even > > "reproducible-build". > > > > I think we have two categories of builds here: > > - Builds that get executed when running 'make' in the Emacs directory. > This > > includes dumping and byte compilation of code bundled with Emacs. > > - Builds that get executed by running an initialized Emacs binary, > likely on a > > different machine. This includes e.g. byte compilation of third-party > > libraries. > > I think these two categories are separate enough to have two different > > variables. > > Why not use the same variable/option for both? It sounds simpler to > me. > > I thought that too, but on second thought it seems rather difficult: the variable should be set to nil by default in an initialized Emacs (and probably also in temacs), yet we need a way to set it to t based on the configuration option. The simplest solution seems to be to just use two variables.