Ted Zlatanov schrieb am Sa., 16. Sep. 2017 um 17:55 Uhr: > I wanted to ask if there's any chance of improving the parsing > performance of JSON, YAML, TOML, and similar data formats. It's pretty > poor today. > > That could be done in the core with C code, improved Lisp code, > integration with an external library, or a mix of those. > I don't know much about the others, but given the importance of JSON as data exchange and serialization format, I think it's worthwhile to invest some time here. I've implemented a wrapper around the json-c library (license: Expat/X11/MIT), resulting in significant speedups using the test data from https://github.com/miloyip/nativejson-benchmark: a factor of 3.9 to 6.4 for parsing, and a factor of 27 to 67 for serializing. If people agree that this is useful I can send a patch.