Eli Zaretskii schrieb am So., 22. Nov. 2015 um 20:26 Uhr: > > From: Philipp Stephani > > Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:19:49 +0000 > > Cc: aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com, tzz@lifelogs.com, > > Emacs developers , Daniel Colascione < > dancol@dancol.org> > > > > Thanks for the patch, but this handles only part of the problem, > namely, > > the > > memory allocated by emacs-module.c directly. We need a way for > modules > > themselves to allocate memory that is properly accounted for, and > this > > allocation should be nearly as convenient as xmalloc so that modules > don't > > need > > to check for failure after each allocation. > > > > This is _impossible_ without using longjmp. > > Why? Why cannot emacs-module.c expose an allocator, which modules > will then use as a sole source of memory? And why such an allocator > cannot do exactly what you did in your patch? > I've attached a patch for such an allocator, but it doesn't use longjmp.