Thanks very much. On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 7:30 PM, Michael Albinus wrote: > Douglas Lewan writes: > > Hi Doug, > > > tramp-archive.el is new in Emacs 27 and Tramp 2.4. So you might > > use latest sources from either Emacs or Tramp repository. > > > > Forgive me, but I don't know where the latest sources are. > > People write of them, but don't give explicit references. > > Both Emacs and Tramp reside in git repositories. Cloning Emacs from > git is described for example at emacs/EmacsFromGit>. > > Cloning Tramp from git is described in the Tramp manual, see for example > . > > > Does your tramp code allow for editing of archive entries and their > > attributes? That would be a necessary piece of guaranteeing a > > consistent user experience. > > Tramp would allow it. But the GVFS library does not support it (yet), > see bug . This would > be one motivation for me to switch from GVFS to plain libarchive. > > Best regards, Michael. > -- ,Doug Douglas Lewan (908) 720-7908 Member of the PKRA.