On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 7:45 AM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > Why do you need to do that? What's the problem with having the > eln-cache under your ~/.emacs.d/? There's no problem. It's a matter of taste. > If this testing is for the purposes of Emacs development, then my > suggestion is to have a separate build configured without native > compilation support. That's what I do. I prefer to use just one build. > So it's just a matter of getting used to using the alias, and will be > solved with time. Yep. > I disagree. We have too many knobs already, so adding a new one > without a good reason would be a mistake in the long run. In fact, my thinking yesterday was "-Q should stop native compilation...Wait, I bet this was already discussed and rejected", and so I stumbled upon this thread and read or perused its several hundred messages. Believe me, I'm not *proposing* any change. I'm just telling Lars that I agree with him that this fits under -Q.