On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:52 AM Yuri D'Elia wrote: > > The latter. Or maybe no number at all. > > I'm used to a negative sign, but it's logically redundant so omitting a > minus and going with a positive counting backwards would be perfectly > fine. Negative would be more of a change. As for going for a positive backwards (passing throught 0), it's easy to implement. >> Nothing: these modes are incompatible with the offset mode. > Agreed. Ok. >> We could say that using the offset implies display-line-numbers-widen. > > I never thought or happen to be in this scenario so far. > Implying d-l-n-widen makes sense as a starting point. > > I could play around and see. Ok. I have a bit of an implementation. Give me a few hours. Also, I just broke bootstrapping :-(