* emacsclientw -c not working
@ 2011-11-22  5:28 Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2011-11-22  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I'm on XP SP3 and I envoke emacsclientw -n -c "%1" to open files in
Emacs. However, the -c option is not working as expected. No new frame
is created. The newly visited file is always displayed in an already
existing frame.

--
Uwe

* Re: emacsclientw -c not working
@ 2011-11-22  5:53 ` Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2011-11-22  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Uwe Siart <usenet@siart.de> writes:

> I'm on XP SP3 and I envoke emacsclientw -n -c "%1" to open files in
> Emacs. However, the -c option is not working as expected. No new frame
> is created. The newly visited file is always displayed in an already
> existing frame.

Forgot to say that I have 24.0.91.

--

@ 2011-11-26 12:48   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-11-26 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Siart, Juanma Barranquero; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Uwe Siart <usenet@siart.de>
> Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 06:53:40 +0100
>
> Uwe Siart <usenet@siart.de> writes:
>
> > I'm on XP SP3 and I envoke emacsclientw -n -c "%1" to open files in
> > Emacs. However, the -c option is not working as expected. No new frame
> > is created. The newly visited file is always displayed in an already
> > existing frame.
>
> Forgot to say that I have 24.0.91.

Looks like some snafu with switch semantics that makes sense on Posix
platforms, but not on Windows.  Juanma, could you please take a stab
at fixing this, if that's possible?

* Re: emacsclientw -c not working
@ 2011-11-26 19:39     ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2011-11-26 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Uwe Siart, emacs-devel

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 13:48, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> Looks like some snafu with switch semantics that makes sense on Posix
> platforms, but not on Windows.  Juanma, could you please take a stab
> at fixing this, if that's possible?

Yes. Tomorrow night, if no one beats me to it.

    Juanma

* Re: emacsclientw -c not working
@ 2011-11-28 16:47       ` Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2011-11-28 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes. Tomorrow night, if no one beats me to it.

Thanks. That would be really great if you could get this to work.
Awaiting the next precompiled snapshot.

--

@ 2011-12-01  9:07       ` Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2011-12-01  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 13:48, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> Looks like some snafu with switch semantics that makes sense on Posix
>> platforms, but not on Windows.  Juanma, could you please take a stab
>> at fixing this, if that's possible?
>
> Yes. Tomorrow night, if no one beats me to it.

This is just to inform you that the problem is still there in 24.0.92.
But I suppose you simply didn't get around to fix it yet.

--

@ 2011-12-01 12:13         ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2011-12-01 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Siart; +Cc: emacs-devel

2011/12/1 Uwe Siart <usenet@siart.de>:

> This is just to inform you that the problem is still there in 24.0.92.
> But I suppose you simply didn't get around to fix it yet.

I "fixed" it yesterday, but there's still a small issue. I expect to
have it finished today so it can be in the next binary from trunk.

    Juanma

* Re: emacsclientw -c not working
@ 2011-12-04 17:14         ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2011-12-04 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Siart; +Cc: emacs-devel

2011/11/28 Uwe Siart <usenet@siart.de>:

> That would be really great if you could get this to work.
> Awaiting the next precompiled snapshot.

Fixed in revno:106608.

    Juanma

* Re: emacsclientw -c not working
@ 2011-12-07  4:38           ` Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2011-12-07  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> 2011/11/28 Uwe Siart <usenet@siart.de>:
>
>> That would be really great if you could get this to work.
>> Awaiting the next precompiled snapshot.
>
> Fixed in revno:106608.

Thanks. I confirm it works in r106632 precompiled windows binaries.

A minor issue: The newly created frame does not have focus i.e. it
appears in background and needs to be searched first. If it is possible
to implement I'd like to suggest that a newly created frame appears in
foreground.

--
Uwe