On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Phillip Lord wrote: > Some one suggested to > but tests of C core ~test/automated/src~ which sounded good. But > thinking about it, it probably makes more sense to leave this for C > level testing framework. So now we have > > test/automated/lisp > test/automated/lisp/emacs-lisp > test/automated/lisp/progmodes (and so on....) > test/automated/lisp/c (lisp tests for the C core) This breaks the symmetry between our source layout and the test layout. And, of course, if we some day add a C testing framework there's no reason why lisp tests and C tests cannot share test/automated/c. In fact, it seems to me like a nice property that if we have both C and elisp tests for, say, keymap.c, then keymap-tests.c and keymap-tests.el are in close proximity.