* seq package in elpa
@ 2015-01-11 13:56 Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2015-01-11 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hi,

I just pushed a new branch seq in elpa with seq.el.
Before I merge it to master, could someone review it?

Cheers,
Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

* Re: seq package in elpa
@ 2015-01-11 16:30 ` Artur Malabarba
From: Artur Malabarba @ 2015-01-11 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: Emacs developers

> ;; Version: 1.0

I recommend using a lower version than the one on Emacs master. Until 25.1
is released, lisp/emacs-lisp/seq.el can be updated with fixes and features
without bumping the version number. However, when you merge those changes
with packages/seq/seq.el you'll have to bump its version (otherwise Elpa
doesn't rebuild).

On another topic, was it you who submitted seq.el to Melpa? That's going to
mess with version dependencies for the package.

* Re: seq package in elpa
@ 2015-01-11 17:10   ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2015-01-11 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce.connor.am; +Cc: Nicolas Petton, Emacs developers

Artur Malabarba <bruce.connor.am@gmail.com> writes:

>> ;; Version: 1.0
>
> I recommend using a lower version than the one on Emacs master. Until 25.1
> is released, lisp/emacs-lisp/seq.el can be updated with fixes and features
> without bumping the version number. However, when you merge those changes
> with packages/seq/seq.el you'll have to bump its version (otherwise Elpa
> doesn't rebuild).

Indeed, thanks for the info.

> On another topic, was it you who submitted seq.el to Melpa? That's going to
> mess with version dependencies for the package.

Yes, it was me. How will it mess with version dependencies?

Nico

* Re: seq package in elpa
@ 2015-01-11 17:53     ` Artur Malabarba
From: Artur Malabarba @ 2015-01-11 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)