On 12 Nov 2015 10:34 pm, "Richard Stallman" wrote: > > Richard, do think such as system would be viable copyright-wise? > > In terms of copyright, there is no difference between the system I > proposed (installing what Drew puts in certain web pages) and the > method Drew doesn't like, which is for him to install the same changes > via Git. > > Whichever method he uses, he technically could install code written by > others whom we don't have papers for. If we permit him to use Git to > install changes, that entails trusting him to handle this > responsibility. If we can trust him to do it with one method, we can > trust him to do it with the other method. I'm trying to determine whether this method can be employed as a general elpa mechanism. Of course we trust Drew, but would it be acceptable to use such a script with other people who submit packages to Elpa? (assuming the author has assigned copyright)