If we agree this is a desirable feature, the following patch should do it. 2015-02-10 9:13 GMT+00:00 Artur Malabarba : > Is there any code in package.el to prevent the listing of completely > incompatible packages? > > If not, would this be a desirable feature, or do we prefer to always > display everything? > > Context: > I noticed that, on Emacs 24.3, package.el will list packages that > depend on emacs-24.4, even though they are completely uninstallable. > > I realise package.el has changed a lot since 24.3, but I didn't find a > straightforward way to check if this has changed, given that there are > no packages that depend on version > 24.4 (thus my question).