On 10 Nov 2015 1:05 am, "John Wiegley" wrote: > - use-package is for configuration only. The stuff you'd already write in > init.el, only more declaratively. Ok, that's what I thought. Like I said, I'm in favour. I suggest renaming it to something that starts with `package-' (package-config perhaps). But it's just a suggestion. I notice it has two dependencies that are not in core though, which would have to be shed. If it gets added, I'll probably have a look at its internals and ask your permission to make some changes where there might be redundancy with package.el internals.