Hi, I am new to Emacs editor and also in this forum. I am using Fedora 16, Emacs 23.3.1 and installed ECB through yum install emacs-ecb.noarch. I have not made any changes in .emacs file. .emacs file is attached. I don't know how to use ECB, I just open files in a traditional way, after opening the first file, every time I open a file the following error pop up. ssh: Could not resolve hostname C: Name or service not known Process *tramp/ssh fni@C* exited abnormally with code 255 Could somebody guide me, how to resolve this problem. If possible kindly refer me some good tutorial for using ECB. Regards, \sajid