2012/1/18 Lennart Borgman > On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 22:20, Stefan Monnier > wrote: > >> The attached patch provides the desktop frame and windows configuration > >> save&restore feature : the desktop module saves all the frame and their > > > > Thanks. Since we're in feature freeze, this will have to wait. > > In the mean time, you may want to check the new window-state-get and > > window-state-put functions which should provide you with a form of > > window configuration which you can directly print&read, hence > > simplifying your code. > I haven't seen these two function functions. As you propose, I will try to use them. Thanks. Sounds very nice it is finally going to make its way into Emacs. > > Jeremy, you may perhaps want to compare to the same functionality > included in nXhtml to see if you find something there you like to > incorporate. (It has been there for some years now, but I have > actually stopped using it myself since I work in a different way > now... ;-) > It sounds interesting but I don't know anything about this nxhtml package, could you please give me some entry point for the feature we are talking about like one or two function name ? :) -- One Emacs to rule them all