Don't know if it's relevant, but I was able to embed the Python interpreter into Emacs with dyanmic modules. It's still very clunky, since you either have to use a FFI, or expose functions in emacs_env to Python. Python also doesn't have access to a "global" environment, so Python statements have to executed inside a elisp "exec-python" call. Embedding another language at such a low level would probably require modification of the Emacs source instead. On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Tom wrote: > Xue Fuqiao gmail.com> writes: > > > > PS: Personally, I like Neovim's plugin architecture. With the msgpack > > API, you can even use C#/Ruby/JavaScript/... to write plugins. > > > > Does it support calling, for example, a function defined in a C# > plugin from a Javascript plugin? Because that is the important > thing that you could write a plugin in any language and use the > resulting code from any other language. > > If it's not possible then these plugins are just isolated pieces > of code which is much less useful. > > > -- Vibhav Pant vibhavp@gmail.com