Also, this one line patch crashes temacs with a SIGSEGV - the hash table contents are possibly getting corrupted because of a bad memory write. On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 12:27 AM Vibhav Pant wrote: > On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Paul Eggert wrote: > > In that case the bug is not critical, right? One way to address the > problem > > is to say that code should not print hash tables before dumping. > > It's critical in the sense that any code loaded from loadup.el is > effectively > prohibited from using printed hash tables in any way. I've recently been > working on adding a new 'switch` bytecode op (@ branch > feature/byte-switch), > which uses hash tables generated during compile time (so the constant > vector > stores printed hash tables) as jump tables. This bug breaks switch > entirely. > > > we're planning to redo dumping anyway and can address this problem (if > it still > > occurs) then. > > I suspect this bug is related to purecopy, which I suppose isn't a part of > the > redo (or is it? I don't know much about the new dumping code). If anyone > has any > ideas about this issue, I'd appreciate some pointers on where to start. > > Thanks, > Vibhav > -- > Vibhav Pant > vibhavp@gmail.com >