On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Robert Weiner wrote: > On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> >> My misunderstanding, sorry. >> >> But if the issue is documentation, why not show a proposed patch? >> > > ​I did with this suggested addition to select-window's doc string: > > "Although this selects the window's frame, it does not alter the > frame's position in the window stack (see `raise-frame') nor does > it direct input focus to that frame. To do both of those at once, > see `select-frame-set-input-focus'. > ​I still think this is a clear and modest proposal. select-window already mentions frames so I don't see an issue with cross-referencing more frame-related behavior to make the needs clear with one additional sentence. Are you guys still against this given the further explanations? Bob ​