On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > > > (if (not (display-graphic-p)) > > > ;; Installation of Hyperbole requires a non-dumb terminal > > > ;; instance of Emacs, i.e. under a window system. > > Why do you need that? IOW, what doesn't work on a TTY frame? I don't > expect to see any real problems, since in a modern Emacs version most > features "just work" on TTY frames. Colors, menus, dialogs, mouse, > everything. There could be some old code you have that fails because > it uses low-level or obsolescent APIs, but that's about all I'd > expect. > > So please tell why you needed to enforce display-graphic-p. > ---- Good news with recent updates to Hyperbole, it builds just fine under a tty-based Emacs (V25.0.94), as I just tested it. So I will remove that conditional from the installation instructions. Bob