On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > ​I understand. Would it be possible to make the exit function run on > both > > pre- and post-command hook so that it could use the results of the > command​ > > when needed and eliminate the need in many cases to call the quit > function > > manually? Or would that cause problems? > > I think it would bump into other problems because the keep-pred > predicate expects to be called from pre-command-hook. > > IOW, maybe it would have been a valid design, but it would be an > incompatible change. > ​Ok. I have everything working well now and have been able to eliminate the need for the on-exit function given to set-transient-map and instead call the quit function generated by set-transient-map in each key binding that quits from my mode (this was happening before but indirectly through the setting of a status flag). Bob